Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer- An unforgettable classic






Novel : Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Author: Mark Twain
Frankly saying, I can’t stay without books. Whenever I rest, work or travel I always make sure to see that I have a book or at least a newspaper to feed my mind with information. My hobby of reading books evolved into writing and I owe this favor to the literary classic masterpiece – Tom sawyer written by Mark Twain. Tom is the character every person can identify with and I feel personally connected with it. Tom sawyer is an orphan innocent boy who stays with his aunt Polly and his brother Sid. Accompanied by his friend, Huckleberry Finn, Tom sets on an endless adventurous journey full of thrills, fun, love and togetherness. Especially for book lovers, Tom Sawyer is a must read who are wishing to revisit their childhood days and refresh their memories. Tom Sawyer written by Mark Twain has entertained millions of readers for generations with  humor and lively youth content. 
Mark Twain’s work has been a beacon which motivated many writers to roll out youthful classics to readers. It is this book that motivated me to enter the world of writing and express my thoughts to innumerable readers. Every character is memorable in this book whether it is the mischievous, shabby Huckleberry fin or the bubbly Becky Thatcher.  If you read “Tom Sawyer”, you will also like its sequel – Adventures of Huckleberry Finn where Huck and Tom again move to a new adventure to free a negro slave.  It’s a delightful adventure novel for every age and reading this book takes you back to your own childhood days.  Captains Courageous, Oliver Twist, Kidnapped, Rebecca of Sunny brook farm are novels  targeted to children and are worth reading. I highly recommend these books.



No comments:

Post a Comment