Monday, September 20, 2010

A motivational excerpt from the life of Swami Vivekanand

You cannot believe in God unless you believe in yourself” – Swami Vivekananda

This is a very inspirational episode from the life of Swami Vivekanand during his journey to Himalayas.
Swamiji was traveling with some monks in the Himalayas full of rough paths and long stretched roads.
There was an old man with them….He said to swamiji ‘Oh Sir, how to cross this path, I cannot walk any more, my chest will break. Swamiji said to him, ‘Look down at your feet’. The old man looked and Swamiji said “The road that is under your feet is the road that you have passed over and is the same road that you see before you;it will be soon under your feet. 


Due to disbelief, ignorance, negligence we don’t take the stride to take the extra step to move towards our goal. Even though we have the determination to struggle in the path of life, we lose out our courage to strike as we don’t possess the spiritual urge and willingness to succeed. Swamiji's teachings have always inspired me to keep moving on the rough paths of life, no matter how worse the adversities may be.

I had read this story from one of the books of swami vivekanand and this small piece of story really encouraged me. I felt this story to share among you all friends so that it gives a new lease of hope, courage, determination and faith to confront the miseries of life. The lives of great people are full of inspirations and I am looking forward to bring these stories to my readers through my blog. Come, let’s get motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment